A latte better than Starbucks. This recipe first appeared onwww.asweetpeachef.com/
Things you’ll need
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅔ cup eggnog (here’s my eggnog recipe or light eggnog recipe)
- ½ cup prepared unflavored coffee at double concentration (or 2 shots espresso)
pinch of ground nutmeg, optional (but oh so tasty!)
- One Mason Jar
- To make the steamed milk, there are 2 methods: (1) Using a Stick Blender or (2) Using a large glass jar with a tight lid.
- Pour the milk, eggnog and sugar into a microwave-safe jar or cup. I use the mixing cup that came with my stick blender.
- Either using the stick blenderor your hands, shake/mix the milk mixture vigorously for 30-45 seconds. Stop when the mixture appears to have doubled in volume due to air bubbles.
- Remove the cover, if applicable, and place the mixture into the microwave. Heat on high for 30-45 seconds, or until the mixture starts to bubble up almost to the top of the jar. Take care not to let the milk mixture overflow the jar or to bubble too much and then fall flat.
- Repeat these two steps (shaking and then heating) a second time until the milk is nice and frothy.
- Pour the hot prepared coffee (or espresso) into the bottom of a deep mug. Holding back the milk foam with a spoon, carefully pour the milk mixture into the coffee. Do not stir. Gently spoon the foam over the top. Sprinkle with some freshly grated (or ground) nutmeg if you wish.